Cincinnati Wedding & Portrait Photographer
If you know me, you know I’m a dog lover!! Growing up, we had two dachshunds in the family. Now my husband and I just got our first pup from the Cincinnati Lab Rescue. We named her after our favorite Island, Whidbey. She’s growing up so fast!! I’ve never had to leave the toilet seats down for dachshunds, but now.. I do!
I love it when couples’ tell me they want to include their pup in their session! Here are 10 tips:
1.Bring a helper. I like to begin sessions by taking photos of just the two of you. This allows you to get familiar with being in front of my camera and not stressed out about Spot or Fido. We’ll work together to plan your session so your helper will know when to bring him and to take care of him during breaks.
2. It helps to groom your dog a few days before to help with shedding and for him to look his best. It also helps to give your dog a walk sometime before your session to release some of that energy.
3. Bring a leash that coordinates with your outfits.
4. Make sure to choose a dog friendly location.
5. Does he have a favorite toy or favorite code name he love’s to get his attention? Definitely bring his favorite toy – squeakier the better!
6. Make sure to bring a dog bowl and water, especially for warmer sessions.
7. Bring treats! Lots of treats!
8. I love to capture the traditional, looking at the camera shots, so we’ll try our best to get these. If your pet has a lot of energy and not able to direct him, it’s fun to capture just the way you are in the moment, natural & candid shots.
9. Don’t forget to accessorize your pet! You can accessorize your pet along with your engagement session/wedding theme, include a cute bow or even add a flower collar.
10. Have fun!!!
Brides, want photos with your dog on your wedding day? Fairy Tail Wedding Services can help! You can check out the website here.